Q: What is the Car Show?
A: Chris and Tammy Ritter are the organizers for the event, but this is not your normal car show here! No Q-tips or cotton balls, no 1000 point judging system, no drive-em-off-the-trailer-only Trailer Queens. These cars run as fast as they look good! YOU are the judge, not some snob in a tweed jacket with white gloves, a dental mirror and a magnifying glass.
Q: What is the Car Show Schedule?
A: The car show will begin first thing Friday and into the evening in the hotel parking lot then continue until the end of lunch, 1:00PM, on Saturday. – Throughout the event there will be “Car Show Rows” setup in high traffic areas both at lunchtime in the paddock and in the evening at the HQ hotels parking lot. – All ballots must be turned in by the end of lunch, 1:00 PM, on Saturday. – Ballots will be tallied Saturday afternoon to determine the winner. – Winners will be announced at the banquet Saturday evening.
Q:What are the Rules and Regulations for the Car Show?
A: Entering the Car Show show is free – however you will have to pay the “misc fee” that is applied if you participate in any event, car show included, to cover the cost of trophies.
- You will receive a dash card at the welcome desk. Anytime your car is parked, put the card on the dash. The card will contain your registration number, owner name, vehicle information, and any outstanding features.
- All owners will receive a ballot at the welcome desk to fill out and turn in anytime from start to finish. There will be a ballot box in the paddock at the NFME HQ pop-up tent, or after racing see Chris, Tammy, Joe or Megan. Only one ballot per vehicle, please.
- Throughout the event there will be “Car Show Rows” setup in high traffic areas both at lunchtime in the paddock and in the evening at the HQ hotels parking lot. It is not mandatory for your car to be in “Car Show Row” to be voted on, but it will help exposure for your car.
- All ballots must be turned in by the end of lunch, 1:00 PM, on Saturday. Ballots will be tallied Saturday afternoon to determine the winner. To reinforce the motorsports nature of the NFME, 2 bonus points will be given to cars that compete in each of the 3 on-track events (dragrace, autocrosss, road course) for a maximum of 6 bonus points. This will hopefully help balance the field between the folks who come and race and the 100% showcar, garage queens. The only caveat is that you must receive at least one non-bonus vote for your votes to count (in other words, you can’t win a trophy with bonus points alone; somebody’s got to vote for you also).
- Aside from the “Best of Show” trophy, no car can win more than one trophy.
Q: Who makes up the Car Show Support Team?
A: Pollsters – Their job is to get out the vote and collect ballots. & Car Show Row setup – Their job is to help cordon off and setup “Car Show Rows” in the paddock and at the hotel parking lot Chris and Tammy Ritter
Q: What different classes are in the Car Show?
A: Trophies will be awarded for winner and runner up in the following classes:
- Best of Show
- Best Non-Fbody
- Best First Generation
- Best Second Generation
- Best Third Generation
- Best Fourth Generation
- Best Fifth Generation
Q: How do I get more information if the question I have is not listed in the FAQ?
A: The best way to ask a question not addressed by the FAQ is to join the Event mailing list.
The list is available in digest form if you don’t want to receive each post to the list as a separate e-mail.
Click the button below to join the Event Mailing List.
Click here to join the NMFE Discussion List